Tuesday night around 8:30 p.m., two women were robbed at gunpoint in downtown Santa Fe in the parking lot of the state capitol.
Thursday night around 10:30 p.m., a man and a woman in the 400 block of West San Francisco Street were robbed at gunpoint.
Santa Fe Police Capt. Gerald Rivera says “the MOs are the same and the descriptions of both are similar so we’re looking into the possibility that it’s the same guy.”
From Tuesday’s robbery:
- Two women leaving the Rio Chama Steakhouse on Old Santa Fe Trail walk to their car parked in a small lot at the northeast side of the State Capitol.
- Suspect points gun at them, demands purses and cell phones, gets them and runs off
- Suspect description: Around 5-foot-7-inches tall, average build, wearing tan jacket, beenie’stocking type hat
- The victims were women in their 60s and 70s
- Police say he acted alone and ran away from the women
From Thursday’s robbery:
- A man and a woman walking down West San Francisco Street in downtown Santa Fe
- Suspect points gun at them, demands purse and wallet, gets them and runs off
- Suspect description: Around 5-foot-9-inches tall, about 190-pounds build, mustache, wearing dark sweatshirt with white lettering, blue jeans, and a beanie/stocking type hat (no color offered)
- The male victim was 65, but police did not have the age of the female he was with when I spoke with them Friday morning about the case
- Police say suspect acted alone and ran away down the street where he got into a dark, small vehicle (possible a Honda Civic) and drove away alone
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Michele Williams at 955-5038