Here are some random police notes that seemed to stand out from the rest of the burglary, larceny, DWI and other crime reports reported in POLICE NOTES section of The New Mexican recently (date published in parenthesis)…
- (Oct. 6, SFPD): Someone stole $5,000 cash from the Lensic Theater, 211 San Francisco St., between 5:15 p.m. and 11 p.m. Sunday.
- (Oct. 5, SFPD): Big Foot and a quilt with a flower print disappeared from a 2010 Honda Ridgeline truck parked in the 3600 block of Cerrillos Road between 8 p.m. Sunday and 8 a.m. Monday. The Big Foot was a brown, Fisher Price toy.
- (Oct. 5, SFPD): An estimated $1,400 worth of jackets were stolen from the Nike Factory Store, 8380 Cerrillos Road, around 10:19 p.m. Sunday, which is the time the business’s alarm was sounded after a door was broken. The police report states there was $1,200 worth of damage to the door.
- (Oct. 2, SFPD): Someone stole a purse from a shopping cart of a woman putting her groceries into her vehicle outside Albertsons, 3542 Zafarano Drive, around 6:45 p.m. Tuesday.
- (Sept. 29, SFCSO): A burglar stole miscellaneous tools and construction supplies from a work site on Caja del Rio owned by Western Summit Corp. A police report states, “the suspect(s) started and joy rode (a fork lift) on the facility grounds and damaged property belonging to Western Summit. The suspect(s) committed approximately $19,500 in damages.”
- (Sept. 29, SFPD): A copper sculpture was stolen from the Santa Fe Humane Society, 100 Caja del Rio, between 8 a.m. Sept. 14 and 8 a.m. Monday.
- (Sept. 27, SFCSO): Several men armed with a rake tried to attack a man on Camino Perdido in El Rancho on Saturday. No one was injured.
… remember, too, that some of the regular police note checks we do turn into stories and don’t always land in our police notes. A couple recent stories like that include a dognapping case and the two students found with knives at local schools on Monday.